With the fellowship program, CIRCE brings together young academics and creatives in the cultural and creative industries from all over Europe, with a particular focus on promoting exchange with young experts from the UK post-Brexit. The aim is to highlight, question and reshape the innovative power of the creative economies through a wide range of voices and perspectives. The program aims to fund people who, despite the multiple crises of our time, dream of a just, inclusive, diverse, sustainable and crisis-resistant future and actively reimagine and reshape it using the tools and potential of the cultural and creative economies.
A total of 40 fellowships will be awarded for a period of six months.
Who can apply?
The program consists of equal numbers of scientific researchers and young entrepreneurs or creative professionals who focus on the research field of innovation and the potential of cultural and creative industries in Europe. The participants should be active at the interfaces of business and science, technology and the non-technical world, art and culture, education and social transformation. Findings from the projects could both contribute to the (further) development of products or services and find their way into recommendations for policy makers.
20 young researchers:
- Young researchers with a research focus on innovation and/or cultural and creative industries, residing in one of the 46 countries of the Council of Europe or Kosovo (age: <35 years)
- Current or completed degree or doctorate or comparable achievement: ISCED levels 6 (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), 7 (master’s degree or equivalent) and 8 (doctoral degree)
- Work on research projects that can be assigned to the thematic fields of the cultural and creative industries
20 young creatives:
- Young entrepreneurs or creative professionals from the cultural and creative industries, residing in one of the 46 countries of the Council of Europe or Kosovo (age: <35 years)
- Evidence of application-oriented research component in the context of the creative enterprise (for example: research on new materials, new services or new business models in and from the cultural and creative industries)
- Practical experimentation in the sub-sectors of the cultural and creative industries or at their interface
What you get:
- Support by a mentor from the CIRCE network
- Financial support of 3,800 euros per month
What we expect:
- Participation in events of the Fellowship Program and CIRCE
- Exchange and maintenance of contacts with the other Fellows
- Project documentation in the form of a paper/dossier with presentation of the results (audiovisual or interactive content possible)
How to apply:
The Pre-registration phase has already ended. If you have pre-registered, please make sure to submit your application until March 13th 13:00 (1p.m.) CET.